GOAL to work as a project manager and/or designer in the sustainable/solar industry.
Residential Designer, Southern Harmony Designs, LLC, Katherine Walker owner, Hillsborough NC
- Created 3D visualization and residential renovation constuction documents for home owners.
- Produced construction documents for non-profit private camp.
- Design and drafting of residential proposal plans and elevations for busy contractors.
Structural Designer & Senior Project Manager, Daniel C. Smith, PE, Consulting Engineer, Raleigh NC
- Senior project manager of virtual and in-office drafters, ensuring quality control.
- Analyze building code regulations for residential and commercial projects.
- Manage, produce, update structural deck plans and takeoffs for national home improvement chain.
- Produce shop drawings and standard details for standing seam metal roof industry.
- Drafted structural designs for American Solar rooftop solar-heating systems.
- Developed inception plans for Paragon Noise Barrier's sound reduction walls.
- Respond to customer concerns and compliants.
- Created simplified ACCA Manual N and ASHRAE Machine Loads HVAC spreadsheet in Excel.
- Drafted structural plans for 2-story church life community center in Greensboro NC.
- Designed and detailed architectural and structural plans for solar home in Vance County, NC.
Assistant to Construction Manager, Habitat for Humanity of Durham, NC
Durham Tech Community College, Sustainability Technologies Renewable Energy Diploma,
December 2015 GPA 4.0
- Work Based Learning: Medical Advocates for Healthy Air, fall 2015
- Solar Thermal, spring 2015
- Advanced PV Systems Designs, fall 2014
- NABCEP Entry Level Exam, spring 2014, passed
- Photovoltaic Systems Tech, spring 2014
- Energy Use Analysis, spring 2014
- Principles of Management, fall 2013
- Basic Wiring I, spring 2013
- DC/AC Electricity, fall 2012
- Introduction to Renewable Energy Technologies, fall 2012
- Industrial Safety, summer 2012
Durham Tech Community College, Continuing Education
- The Green Way! - Solar Air Heater
- Home Inspector's Prep
Greenpros TRAINING workshops, Central Carolina Community College
- Solar Electricity
- Green Building Design and Construction
Wake Technical Community College, A.A.S. Architectural Technology, July 2008 highest honors
Appalachian State University, B.S. Biology-Naturalist, Math, Honors Program, May 1993 magna cum laude
PROFESSIONAL with more than twenty years office experience:
- AutoCAD 2007, AutoCAD LT 2016, Google SketchUp, MS Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher,
Adobe Photoshop, and various HTML composers and email browsers;
- Enjoy trigonometry and geometry; hold a bachelor's with a math minor;
- Excellent organization and presentation skills;
- Manage multiple projects with little direct supervision;
- Research building codes and detail solutions; and,
- Strong interpersonal skills, both with co-workers. team members, and clients.
Augsburg Coordinator, St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, Durham NC
REFERENCES available upon request.
Church Secretary, St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, Durham NC
Membership Secretary, St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, Durham NC
Information Processing Assistant, UNC-CH School of Medicine, Chapel Hill NC